Pearl's Peril Advanced Testing Program
Help us improve Pearl's Peril
and get early access to new versions!
(Available only for iPhone & iPad)
We are working on a new version of Pearl’s Peril that requires major changes to the underlying game technology, and we need engaged players like you to help us test the new game. Participating in this testing is optional.
If you want to take part, please read the Rules and Terms of Participation. To make it simpler for you, here are the basic things you should know:
You will need an iPhone or iPad device to test the new version
Once you start testing this new technology, you might not be able to “go back" to the previous one
It’s new technology, and might break sometimes
Certain features that you are used to seeing may occasionally be disabled
If you do decide to become a tester, you will be the first to see (and test) the all-new stuff we are preparing! Register below and we will contact you via email to give you instructions on what to do next.
Pearl's Peril - iOS Advanced Version Testing Program Terms and Conditions
Wooga GmbH, Saarbruecker Strasse 38, 10405 Berlin, Germany (“Wooga” or “we”), is a developer and publisher of games and mobile game applications that are made available via app stores including the iTunes App Store, Google Play and Amazon Appstore, and other platforms such as Facebook (our “Games”).
The terms and conditions below apply to all those who sign up to participate in the iOS Advanced Version Testing Program for Pearl’s Peril. If you are going to participate in this program, please read the terms below carefully. By completing the registration and clicking the button “Become a tester” for the Advanced Version Testing Program you are accepting these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions” or “Agreement”).
These Terms and Conditions only apply to software or applications acquired as part of the Advanced Version Testing Program and are specifically not applicable to any other mobile game application or software product released by Wooga GmbH, nor to any final, non-beta versions of this mobile game application or software.
ADVANCED VERSION TESTING PROGRAM
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
THIS AGREEMENT is made by and between WOOGA GmbH (“we”, “Wooga” or the “Company”), and You (“you”, “Licensee” or the “Tester”).
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Wooga has developed a software application, including modifications, enhancements, improvements, updates, additions, derivative works, documentation and related material (“Software”).
- Wooga desires that the Software be tested prior to general release.
- Licensee wishes to serve as an Advanced Version Tester for such Software;
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual covenants and premises herein contained, the parties hereto agree as follows:
- Wooga grants to Licensee a free-of-charge, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, time-limited license to use the Software on devices they own for testing use from effective date of agreement to 45 days after official release date of the product(s), subject to the Terms and Conditions below.
- Licensee may notify Wooga of all problems and ideas for enhancements which come to Licensee’s attention during the period of this Agreement. In the event that Licensee provides Wooga with ideas for enhancements Wooga is entitled and Licensee hereby grants Wooga free-of-charge all required worldwide, temporarily and geographically unrestricted, transferable and sub-licensable rights to use such enhancements in and in connection with Wooga’s existing or future products without limitation including all patent, copyright, trade secret, mask work, trademark, moral right or other intellectual property rights.
- Licensee agrees to treat Software as confidential and will not without the express written authorization of Wooga:
- Demonstrate, copy, sell or market Software to any third party; or
- Publish or otherwise disclose information relating to performance or quality of the Software to any third party; or
- Modify, reuse, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise translate Software or any portion thereof unless expressly allowed by applicable law or required to use the Software within the terms of this Agreement.
- Software is pre-release code and is not at the level of performance or compatibility of a final, generally available product offering. Software may not operate correctly and may be substantially modified prior to first commercial shipment, or withdrawn.
- Wooga reserves the right to modify or terminate the Software or Licensee’s access to the Software or the participation in our Advanced Version Testers Program, without notice, at any time.
- Licensee will back-up the data on their device in consideration of the individual risk and importance of the data in order to assure reconstruction of the data and information in case of data loss.
- Wooga’s liability is limited to intent or gross negligence. Liability for damages of body, health or life as well as liability for expressly given guarantees and liability according to the German Product Liability Act (“Produkthaftungsgesetz”) remain unaffected. Wooga provides warranty according to the statutory provisions.
- Wooga may ask Licensee upon completion of the Advanced Version Test to provide material, statistics, or information that is not deemed confidential to Licensee for use in press releases, customer testimonials, and as a reference in marketing and sales initiatives by Wooga and to provide a quote to Wooga that may be used in a press release.
- This Agreement shall be governed, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of Germany excluding conflict-of-law rules and excluding UN-sales laws (CISG). Mandatory statutory consumer protection laws of the country where Licensee has their habitual residence shall remain unaffected.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire and only agreement between the parties for Software and all other prior negotiations, representations, agreements, and understandings are superseded hereby.
- Licensee shall comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances in connection with its activities pursuant to this Agreement.